The White Hill Wind Farm development team offers ongoing community consultation. Anyone with questions about the proposals can call
Planning Application Website, click here
Galetech Energy Developments Ltd., Co.Cavan, are furthering plans for a proposed wind farm in the town-land of Knocknabranagh & Knockbaun, Co.Carlow and Coolcullen, Co.Kilkenny.
This proposed strategic infrastructure project consists of 7 turbines, approximately 180 meters in height with an output of approximately 7-8 Megawatts per turbine of renewable energy.
The White Hill Wind farm project team are exploring every opportunity at this design stage to continue with their engagement with the local community by providing information and answering any questions the general public may have using various methods of contact:
• We have a freephone number 1800 140 240, which you can dial free of charge to request a call back from the project team.
• We have an email address, firstname.lastname@example.org which you can mail mail to request information from the project team.
• We have posted regular updates on our project website at www.whitehillwindfarm.ie/updates
• Face to face appointments upon request: https://www.whitehillwindfarm.ie/facetoface
• One on one clinic appointments were held in July 2021 & October 2021
• Door to door visits in May 2021 & November 2021. Should you wish for a further visit, please fill out this form
• We posted a pre-paid envelope and a comment card for you to fill out and to send back to us with an option to request a follow-up telephone call or email reply from one of our team. Download Here
• We also have some Frequently Asked Questions on this website for you.
We aim to provide information to communities throughout each stage of the development process and building on feedback that we receive.
We have shared a road map of the project which can be found here
There is a substantial community fund administered in accordance with Wind Energy Ireland (WEI) best practice and grants will be made available after one year of wind farm operation.
We’re working through the design stage and want to engage with the local and wider community and beyond.
White Hill wind farm will play it’s part in assisting in Ireland’s commitment to increase its renewable energy sources in the post 2020 period, with the Government pledging to generate 80% of electricity from renewable sources by 2030 forming part of the new climate action plan.
The above information is based on recent activity on this proposed development. Project consultation introduction (May 2021) available here